ITE at UMSL provides resources to new companies based on technologies in the areas of chemistry, life sciences, information technology and nanoscience.
ITE offers state-of-the-art infrastructure, in-house coaching, business development services and access to the expertise of University faculty and students. In concert with the University of Missouri’s fourth mission, ITE fosters innovation to support knowledge-based economic development.
ITE Community Connections
In addition to the great community of over 70 in-house scientists and entrepreneurs, ITE upholds UMSL’s strong tradition of involvement in the greater Saint Louis region.
For example, ITE functions as a member of the economic development ecosystem in the St. Louis region and collaborates with many organizations. Some of our collaborators have provided funding for our facility, equipment or operation. Others are service providers with complementary missions in business development, startup mentoring or fundraising. We recognize their contributions to our mission and our continuing commitment to help grow the regional St. Louis economy.
- Ameren Community Development Corporation
- Missouri Technology Corporation
- Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems)
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Economic Development Collaborators
- Information Technology Entrepreneur Network (ITEN)
- Gateway Venture Mentoring Service
- St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment
- St. Louis Regional Chamber